Directions0/0 steps made
- Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces and season the chicken with lots of black pepper.
- In a large bowl lightly whisk together two egg whites until frothy. Add in 1/4 cup cornstarch and whisk until smooth. Next add the chicken into the bowl with the egg whites and toss that all around to combine. Set it off to the side for a moment while you prepare the sauce.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl measure out the the ketchup, honey, sugars, vinegar, tamari and chili paste. Mix to combine until the sugars have dissolved.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Once hot, then add in a tablespoon of oil. Throw in the prepped veggies and cook until just softened. Use a garlic press and squeeze in a clove of garlic. Cook for one minute before remove the veggies to a plate and set it off to the side.
- Add more tablespoon of grapeseed oil and start cooking a third of the chicken until crispy and browned. Transfer to a bowl and continue with the remainder of the chicken.
- Throw all of the chicken back into the wok and cook for 5-8 minutes until no longer pink. Add in the vegetables and pineapple in the sweet and sour sauce. Cook and continue to simmer the sauce for 5-10 minutes until thick.
- Serve the sweet and sour chicken over cooked jasmine (or brown) rice and garnish with sliced green onions.
- Ease of cooking
- Cooking time
- Ingredients availability
Slightly sweet, sour and loaded with veggies!