Directions0/0 steps made
- In a small food processor mix the onion and garlic together and pulse until finely minced.
- In a pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-low. And add in the onion and garlic mixture and stir stir until soft for 4 minutes. Then, add in the basil and stir for a minute.
- Pour in the dry sherry wine, and cook for a minute, then add in the hot pepper tomato paste and chopped tomato into the onions and garlic mixture then stir for a minute.
- Add in 1 cup of water or add more if need a thinner sauce, then season with salt, sugar, black pepper and chili powder. Adding the chili powder is depending on how spicy you want, it’s optional.
- Cook and stir the sauce until thick about 5-8 minutes. This sauce is pretty flexible, you can add more water if it gets too thick. Finally, put Arrabbiata sauce over Penne pasta and decorate it with parmesan cheese.
- Ease of cooking
- Cooking time
- Ingredients availability